Do you have a love of french toast and sweet things? Well, this is your ideal recipe, combining the french toast with cream cheese, berries, and cinnamon sugar! That being said, the filling choices can be switched up to include bananas, Nutella, peanut butter, jams, pie fillings, etc.
French Toast Cinnamon Logs
- 8 slices Bread
- Nutella OR softened Cream Cheese
- 1 Cup diced Strawberries/ or Berry Preserves
- 2 Eggs
- 4 Tbsp Milk
- 1/2 cup granulated Sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp ground Cinnamon
- Butter to grease pan
- Remove crust from each slice of bread. Flatten it out with a rolling pin.
- Place about 1-2 tsp of your fillings (cream cheese & berries) along the middle of the bread in a strip.
- Roll the bread into a log and set on a plate. Repeat with the remaining pieces of bread.
- In a bowl whisk the eggs and milk until well combined. Pour into a pie plate or shallow bowl.
- In a separate shallow bowl mix the sugar with the cinnamon.
- Heat your skillet over medium heat and melt a spoonful of butter to grease pan.
- Dip each bread roll in the egg mixture coating well and then place them in the pan seam side down.
- Cook in batches until golden brown, turning them to cook and brown on all sides, about 2 minutes per side.
- As you remove from the pan, roll immediately in the cinnamon sugar until completely covered in sugar.
Variations for Filling:
Bananas & Peanut Butter
Pie Fillings alone or with Cream Cheese